Saturday was a great day, not too hot not too cold. I woke up with a fever, but we promised the kids we'd take them to the great america amusement park. I took some Vicks hoping that would treat the symptoms to what ever I had. Grandpa & Grandma came, they had donuts for awhile while waiting for me to get ready. We headed out to Great America around 10 AM, it did not take us long to get there since we only live 5 minutes away from the park. Once we went thru metal detectors and the park pass processing shop, we went first on the Celebration Swings which is a Giant Swing ride like what was at Kings Island by the Racer and Scrambler. Only Cienna, Gene and Grandpa rode that ride.
Then we went over to the Carousel Columbia which is a double decker carousel marry-go-round. Ethan and Grandpa were on fixed horses with Grandpa one row in front of Ethan. Ethan was concerned that Grandpa was going to beat him in the race around the circle.....
Gene and Grandma took Ehan, Majel, and Cienna on the Flying Eagles.
It was still early for me to do the flying in the circles, I get motion sickness. So I passed on that. Then Gene and Grandpa went on the Flight Deck rollercoaster.
Majel Insisted that we had to take the DELTA FLYER(cable car ride across the park), so we all went to that ride. Gene, Me and Cienna went on the first one, Ethan went with Grandpa, Majel went with Grandma. After we all got down safely, Ethan said "I'm not going on that ride again, it's freakin me out"....hahaha. Anyway, I don't like anything thats spinning or flying around so I stayed with Ethan while Grandpa, Grandma, Cienna, Gene and Majel went on the SURVIVOR The Ride. They had a blast on the ride.
Ethan was still a little freaked out from the DELTA FLYER so he would not go on the Psycho Mouse rollercoaster ride (its the same as the yellow coaster at california adventure that was right next to mcdonalds with the sharp turns, tightly packed coaster), Grandpa had to stay with Ethan while Grandma, Cienna, Gene, me and Majel went on the ride. Cienna and I screamed so loud that Majel said she could hear me.
I had a soar throat to begin with and the screaming did not help to clear it at all.....hahahahaha.
Gene went to get all of us lunch while Grandma took Majel and Cienna on the Centrifuge ride. They went twice and lunch still did not come out.... It took them a a good while to get the hot dogs cooked I guess.
Grandma, Gene and Cienna went on the HMB Endeavor ride (like the viking ship at kings island, but this one goes all the way over the top twice :) ) while Grandpa, Majel, Ethan and I are catching Dora Dora's show. Grandma said she can taste the hotdog after this ride....ahahahaha.
We moved on to the KidZville....Cienna did not like kids rides anymore, she interests more into the big thrilling roller coasters which I don't have the stomach for, but she's still a bit short for those rides, she was pretty ticked off. She still has about 2 inches to grow... hopefully it will be a strong growth summer. She did manage to ride on The Grizzly with Gene and Grandpa, which Gene noted was like the son of beast but still not quite as good. Grandma, me, Majel and Ethan hung around the KidZville section of the park for the time it took Gene, Cienna and Grandpa to get thru the Grizzly line. Majel and Ethan took the advantage of no lines they went on the Pixie & Dixie's Swingset three times.
We stayed there until 4:30PM. Everyone was beat except for the kids, they don't want to go home. Of course as soon as we determined it was time to go, their feet became heavy and they trudged out to Grandpas truck.
It was a great day at the park. We were blessed to have Grandpa and Grandma go with us and spend the day goofing around at the park. We hope to talk Grandma Que into coming to the park with us one of these days. :-)
We hope all is well with you guys.
Love,
The Lamoreaux's
p.s. Content provided by Quynh and editing and cross reference to other contextual ride relations (well... for some of those reading :)) performed by Gene. Uh the picture of "Survivor The Ride" that has nobody we know in it, I'm not sure where that came from. Looks like they were having fun tho... sorta... haha.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Our First trip to Paramount's Great America as a Family
Posted by gqlamoreaux at 1:08 PM

6 comments:
LOVE IT! Thanks for all the great pictures...and the comparison rides, much easier to get a feel for your day. :) I'm so jealous of those season passes! You guys are so fun!!
YEP, we had a great day! And yes, Grandpa and I were totally exhausted, although I am not sure why..... We didn't run a marathon or anything, just walked and stood, enjoyed the sunshine, and ate. Sounds like a great day to me! We loved seeing the kids enjoy themselves on the rides!! We had a very expensive lunch of hot dogs. Who knew that it could cost so much for seven of us to eat a hotdog and drink bottled water. We've decided to pack a lunch next time and keep it in a cooler in the car!! Thanks Gene and Quynh for a wonderful family day at Great America.
Oh man, that looks like SO much fun!!! What a treat! I was wondering how Quynh knew about all the King's Island rides. =) hee hee.
You guys are going to have a GREAT Summer! Kids are out May 30th, we'll be coming for a visit soon!
HOW FUN! I am glad it was a blast!
I am so way jealous! I wish Adam and I could be there to have fun too!!!! =) Love you guys!!
LOVE THE NEW PAGE!! Looks Awesome!
Post a Comment