It's Mothers Day Weekend.
It's Friday, Yeahhh, the kids came home from school with presents that they made for me that they could not wait until Sunday for me to open. They all insisted that I had to open them. I asked if can we wait to open them until Sunday. They said OK.
The kids went to my moms on Friday and they spend the night and then play there with Ba until Saturday afternoon. Gene and I are so grateful that my mom is willing to watch them for us so we can have that date night alone time every week, which is very nice. We were on the way to my moms house when the girls again noted they couldn't wait for me to open their presents. Ethan enthusiastically jumped in and said I made you a card with my feet and hand prints mom. hahaha, he is pretty bad with keeping his secret...
We went to church on Sunday to see the girls sing in the program and it was really nice even though I had a major migraine. We stayed for the sacrament meeting and went home.
Apparently Grandpa had asked Gene to come over with me for an afternoon bbq but Gene didn't understand so Gene went over late to the lunch but still managed to enjoy some time with Gram and Gramps.
I had a wonderful Mothers Day day with love and care from my family....
Cienna made me a jar with a letter Q on top and filled with M & Ms which Majel & Ethan helped themselve.
Majel made me a little pot to grow a flower in it.
Ethan made me a poster with his feet and hand prints.
Amy made me a very beautiful picture frame.
Allie gave me a Blessing on the Hands of Women book.
Gretchen & Emily gave me a cute little gift bag of Mary Kay Lotion & Body Wash...
Gene washed my car and got me jamba juice for my migraine.
I'm pretty lucky to have such a wonderful family.
p.s. Gene just caught and had to kill his first rat on monday night... Unfortunately the trap only got the rats right front arm (smart little things) and he was making alot of noise in the garage (the rat, not Gene this time) trying to somehow get back into the attic. It looked like the rat had made it halfway up the wall but had fallen and was hanging from its arm. Gene used a shovel to break its neck... It looked about the same size as Deedee, smaller head tho. Hope it was only the one but Gene reset the traps to be sure. Maybe the allergies will improve some now. Fingers crossed.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Mother Day!!!
Posted by gqlamoreaux at 11:33 AM

4 comments:
Sounds like you had a great mother's day!!! Sorry about the rat... Love you.
Wow! What a great Mother's Day!
That gift is solely from Mom, I just placed the order. =) I didn't do Mother's day for anyone cept Mom and Gayle and that's stretching it. I was cleaning up throw up. Next year I will do better!
Love the story about Gene and the rat (and that the rat was making noise, not Gene) you're hilarious! Hope to see you this weekend!
LOVED this post. Well, until the shovel-neck-breaking part, YIKES! :)
How fun! You had an awesome mothers day! Minus the rat... EWWW
Post a Comment